Today's recipe popularly known as Maangai curry, is a family favorite. If there are a couple of mangoes in the refrigerator then, one of them surely turns into this mouthwatering pickle.
And this can be made in a jiffy. The only time consuming process being chopping up the mango into small pieces. It has to be refrigerated and consumed within 2 to 3 days.
Its my Appa's Favourite...
What you'll need
- Raw Mango – 1 (preferably Kili Mooku)
- Chilly Powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Musatard Seeds – ½ tsp
Roast and Powder
- Asafoetida – a small piece
- Fenugreek Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Seasame Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chop the mangoes into small pieces.
- Add the salt and chilly powder. Toss well.
- Heat a small frying pan, with a tsp of oil.
- Add the asafoetida, once it puffs up, add the fenugreek seeds and fry till a good aroma comes.
- Cool and grind to a coarse powder.
- Add this to the chopped raw mangoes.
- Heat the small frying pan, with the remaining oil, temper with mustard seeds and pour over the mangoes. Mix well.