What you’ll need
- Gooseberry – 1Cup heaped, deseeded and cut into pieces
- Red Chilly Powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Roast and powder
- Fenugreek Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida – small piece
- Heat a Kadai, dry roast the fenugreek seeds till they change colour and become red.
- Remove the roasted fenugreek and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the same kadai, add the asafoetida, once it puffs up remove and place it along with the fenugreek.
- Powder the fenugreek and asafoetida in a mortar and pestle. Keep aside.
- In the same Kadai, add mustard seeds, once they splutter add the gooseberry pieces.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or till the gooseberry pieces become slightly soft.
- Remove from heat and then add the red chilly powder and the powdered fenugreek and asafoetida.
- Mix well.
- Cool and store in airtight container.