- Wheat Flour - 2 cup
- Rawa / Sooji / Semolina - 3 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tblspn
- Water as needed
- Take sooji in a bowl and pour some water over it. Mix it well and allow it to soak for 10 mins.
- Now take wheat flour, salt, oil and the soaked sooji in a bowl and mix with your hands so that everything is evenly mixed.
- Slowly add in water and mix well and make into a dough. Knead the dough for 5 mins so that it gets smooth and even.
- Apply some drops of oil on the top and cover it with a bowl. Let it rest for 30 mins.
- Now take a portion out of the dough and spread it in to a large thin sheet.
- Take a sharp edge cutting tool( I used a lid of a steel container) and cut small circles out of it. Do all the dough like this.
- Now time to fry. Heat oil for deep frying. When it is hot drop the poori in and press the top so that it puffs up. Cook on both sides till they turn golden.
- Drain and serve with korma or potato masala.
- Potato - 3 large peeled, cubed
- Peas - 1/2 cup (I used Frozen)
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 2 or to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 1 tblspn
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Channa dal / kadalai paruppu - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Start by cooking the potatoes. Take cubed potatoes in a sauce pan and cover it with water untill the potatoes are just covered . Bring it to a boil, simmer and cook for 15-20 mins untill the potatoes are cooked completely. If there is so much water, you can drain, or keep it as it is..
- Heat oil in a kadai and add all the seasoning ingrediants. Fry it for 1 min.
- Now add in onions, green chilli, salt and turmeric and mix well. Cover and cook till it gets translucent..It will take around 5 mins.
- Now add in the peas and mix well. Add in cooked potatoes along with any water in it.
- Use a wooden spoon and start mashing the potatoes till it get the right consistency.Simmer it for 5 mins.
- Serve it with poori.