Cauliflower is one among my favorite veggies and i love to have this with simple rasam and rice and even as a side dish for chapathis too. Being bored with the usual Cauliflower Curry i was thinking to make some different with cauliflower and tried out cauliflower curry using freshly ground pepper. It turned amazing well
- Cauliflower - 1 Medium Size
- Onion - 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 Tsp (Optional)
- Black Pepper - 3/4 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Wash the cauliflower and cut them into small florets.
- Chop the onions into thin slices. In a pan add oil and add ginger garlic paste.
- Sauté for a while and add the onions and sauté till they become translucent.
- Add the cauliflower florets to this. Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely ground the black pepper and cumin seeds separately.
- Add this to the cauliflower and add salt and turmeric powder.
- Sprinkle little water and cook the florets become soft.
- Switch off the flame once it is done.
- Serve hot with rasam rice or sambar rice. Even this will taste yum with roti also
- As my parents are not so comfortable with garlic smell, i usually omit the ginger garlic paste.
- I added 3/4 spoon of pepper powder, as my hubby is not comfortable with pepper taste. you can increase/decrease the pepper powder according to your taste