- Split Moong Dal (Pasi paruppu)-1 cup (soaked for 30 min)
- Tomato-1 chopped
- Garlic-6 cloves crushed
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Coriander leaves-1 handful
- Tumeric-1/2 tsp
- Ghee-1 tblpsn
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Asafoetida(Perum kaya podi)-1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
Green chilli -1
Cumin seeds(jeerakam)-1 tsp
- Take the grinding ingredients in a mixer and grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a kadai Boil around 3 cups of water,and after it comes to a good boil add in the soaked dal,with a little turmeric.
- Let it cook on a slow flame until nearly done.Now add in the Tomatoes,Garlic and cook for 3 min.
- Add in the grinded paste and mix well.Let it come to a boil again.Season with salt.
- Now in a small pan,Heat ghee and add in the Mustard seeds,Cumin seeds,Asafoetida,Dry red chilli and curry leaves.Now pour this Tadka into the dal and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.