This is a five dal combined dish,very healthy,but very tasty.. Actually you could add any dals you wish..
- Onions-1 chopped finely
- Tomato puree-1 cup
- Ginger Garlic and chilli paste-1 tblspn
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Lemon juice-1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Toor Dal/ Tuvaram paruppu- ½ cup
- Channa Dal/ Kadalai paruppu- ¼ cup
- Urad Dal/ Ulundam paruppu- ¼ cup
- Masoor Dal/Pasi paruppu- ¼ cup
- Green Gram Dal/ Payatham paruppu- ¼ cup
- Coriander powder / Malli podi-1 tblspn
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ Manjal podi-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeera-1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Kaya podi- ½ tsp
- Bay leaf / Briyani ilai-1
- Cinnamon / Pattai-1 inch piece
- Soak all the dals for 30 min and pressure cook them for 2 whistles till they are soft.
- In a kadai add oil and crackle some cumin,turmeric,bay leaf,cinnamon for 30 sec.
- Add in ginger garlic and chilli paste and fry for 30 sec.Add in onions and fry till golden.
- Add in all the spice powders and mix well.pour in the tomato puree and mix well.cook this till oil separates.
- Pour in the cooked dal and bring this to boil once.If you want you could add additional water too.
- Let it simmer for 5 mins.Garnish with coriander leaves and squeeze some lemon juice.
- Serve with rice or dals..