This is my hubby’s favorite and my masterpiece. We make this often. That’s what my hubby use to say… So here goes the recipe for it.
- Coriander Powder- 2 Table spoon
- Red Chilly- 10-12
- Coconut- 1 cup
- Shallots- 5 -7
- Pepper- 5-7
- Oil-2 table spoon
- Curry leaves- 2 Stems
- Tamarind juice- 1 glass
- Turmeric powder- As needed
- Salt-As needed
- Mustard seeds-1 table spoon
- Curry leaves- 3 Stem
- Take a pan with 3 table spoon of oil.
- Throw in the To grind items except Coconut and coriander powder.
- Keep it aside.
- Add the coconut and fry it till it turns to deep brown color.
- To this add in the coriander Powder.
- Throw them all into a mixie and grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add the tamarind juice. Add in all the vegetables, turmeric powder and salt. Close it and wait for 1 whistle.
- After that add the grinded paste.
- Add sufficient quantity of water according to the sourness of the koottan.
- Leave till it boils rapidly.
- Switch off the stove.
- In a Kadai, add the seasoning items. Allow it to splutter.
- Throw in to the kuzhamb.
- And tasty Ulli Theeyal is ready!!!!!
This theeyal would be superb if you prepare this with Shallots.