Tapioca is always a fav of ours...I am sure most of the mallu's like this...so iany dish made of this is a kind of easy and tasty snack/dinner for us... But I know, the cleaning process has always been a problem for me!! Here is how we go!! :-
- Tapioca-1 Kg (cut to medium sized pieces, roughly)
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- Water to boil
- Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation:
- Cut the tapioca and wash with turmeric powder.
- In a pressure cooker/vessel add the tapioca, turmeric and the water (water should stay above tapioca).
- Cook on high flame till tapioca becomes tender.
- Drain the water in the tapioca (it’s not good to use)
- Fill in the vessel with water again and allow the Tapioca to boil for 1 Mts.
- Cooked Tapioca is ready!!
· The cooking time depends on type of tapioca too...
· Turmeric gives it a yellow color...if you don’t want it while washing tapioca, add turmeric and soak tapioca for 10 min. then wash it again with clear water and cook it without turmeric.