What you’ll need
- Kada Chakka – 1, medium
- Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Green Chilly – 1 or 2
- Curry Leaves – few
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Peel the skin of the bread fruit and chop into medium sized cubes.
- Steam cook the bread fruit pieces in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Do not add any water to the pieces while cooking.
- Heat a kadai with oil, add mustard seeds and urad dal. Once the mustard splutters and urad dal turns light brown, add the steamed bread fruit pieces. Add turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix well. Fry on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, grind coconut, green chilly and curry leaves to a coarse paste, without adding water.
- Add this ground paste to the bread fruit pieces and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
Serve as an accompaniment to rice and Sambar or Rasam.