I always experiment with different types of dosas, idlis..Since it is a staple food for us (south Indian)
- Oats - 1 cup powdered
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 2 cups
- Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Sooji / Semolina / Rawa - 1/3 cup
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 2 chopped finely
- Curry leaves - 10 chopped finely
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro - 3 tblspn chopped finely
- Yogurt / Curd - 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Pan frying
- Water as needed
- Take a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Add enough water to make it into a thin batter. Don't make it too thin..
- Let the batter sit for 15 mins..
- Heat a nonstick tawa on medium high heat.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the hot tawa and drizzle with oil all around the sides.
- When it starts to brown in the bottom, Flip them over and cook on other side too.
- When it is cooked. Remove them from the tawa and serve with chutney or sambar