- Spring Onion - 1 bundle
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - as required
- Green Chili - 1 no:
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Curry Leaves - 2-3 stems (finely chopped)
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Remove the base portion of the spring onion, wash and let the water to drain fully.
- Finely chop spring onion.
- Grind the items under “ To Grind” items without adding water
- In a pan, heat the oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, spring onion and saute for 2-3mins: in low flame.
- Add coconut mix and salt and mix well.
- Keep the lid closed and cook for 5-6 mins: in low flame stirring in between.
- The Spring Onion Thoran is ready to be served with rice.