For The Dough
Whole Wheat Flour - 2 1/2 Cups
Salt - As needed
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
For The Stuffing
Boiled potatoes - 4
Chopped onion - 1
Chopped coriander - 1 Tbsp
Green chillies - 4 chopped
Chilli powder - 1/2 Tbsp
Salt - to taste
For the Flour:-
Sieve the flours with the salt.
Add the ghee and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough. Keep aside.
- Mash the potatoes coarsely or cut into very small pieces. Keep aside.
Heat the ghee in a vessel, add the cumin seeds and onion; and fry for at least 3 minutes.For the dough
Add the green chillies and fry again for 1 minute.
Add the potatoes, salt, coriander, chilli powder. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
Cook the mixture. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Knead the dough and divide into 10 portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle.
- Place one portion of the prepared filling in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle with the help of a little flour.
- Cook the paratha on a tava (griddle), using a little ghee until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas.
- Serve hot