And regarding this recipe, I have never tried making icecream at home and never thought also. I dont have a label Ice cream in my blog. Now, I am creating one :) and hope I could try some in the future.
- Custard Powder - 1 1/2 Spoon
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Milk - 2 Cups
- Cream - 2 Tbsp
- Granulated Cherry - 2-3 Tbsp
- Boil the milk in a saucepan, reserving 3 tblsps of milk aside.
- Mix the custard powder in the 3 tblsp of milk into a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Add this custard mixture to the boiled milk and keep the flame low. Stir it continuously for 2 minutes. The mixture will give a thick custard. Let it be like a dosa batter consistency.
- Add sugar to it and put off the flame.
- Allow this custard to cool down completely.
- When done, add cream to this ( i used the Nestle cream) and whip in the mixer for a minute.
- Pour this mixture in a freezer safe box and freeze it for an hour.
- After that take out and whip it again for a minute. Repeat this step 2 times . this is to avoid the formation of Ice and to get a creamy texture.
- After doing the whipping process for 3 times, add the granulated cherry and freeze the mixture for 5-6 hours.
- Your vanilla custard powder ice cream is done.
- I served it with a Cherry Topping, as Cherry is my Babys Favourite.