- Beans - 1 kg
- Grated/shredded coconut - Thuriviya thengai - 1/2 Cup
- Mustard - Kadugu - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds - Jeeragam - 1 tea spoon
- Red chillies - Kaintha milagai - 3 nos.
- Black gram dal - Ulutham paruppu - 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves - Karuvepilai - small quantity
- Asafoetida - Perungayam - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Onion- 2 Medium Size
- Wash and peel off the skin from vegetables and boil it till it becomes soft.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai, splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, black gram dal, red chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida .
- Add the sliced onion and grated coconut. Now add boiled vegetable to it. Add little salt. Mix them well.