- Frozen peas - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Green chilli - 3
- Ginger - 2 inch pieces
- Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Ajwain/jeera - 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tblsp
- Lemon juice(optional) - 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- First make the dough and let it rest for 1/2 hour, mix flour with salt and oil and add warm water to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Pressure cook peas with a pinch of sugar mixed, don’t add water. Cool down.
- Grind green chilli and ginger first roughly and then add the green peas and grind coarsely.
- Mix salt,garam masala,turmeric,ajwain,coriander leaves and lemon(if desired) with the peas and make equal sized balls out of both dough and peas stuffing.
- Roll thick circle and keep the stuffing inside and cover the stuffing and make a ball. Roll it out with generous dusting with flour and make out thick parathas.
- Cook on both sides until golden spots appear, with oil/ghee drizzled over.