Making of the stuffing in paratha :
1. Paneer , grated / crumbled – 2 cups
2. Peas (boil till soft ) – 1 cup
3. Onion , chopped finely – 1 small sized
4. Dhaniya powder (Coriander powder) – 1/4 tsp
5. Jeera powder (Cumin powder ) – 1/4 tsp
6. Kottameer / Coriander leaves – few sprigs
7. Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
8. Green chillies , finely chopped or sliced thinly – 2 to 3
9. Salt – as required
Making of the paratha dough :
1.Whole wheat flour/atta – 2 cups
2. salt – as needed
3. Ghee / butter – 1 tsp (optional )
4 .water to knead the dough
Firstly , knead the dough and cover with damp cloth and let it rest for 10 to 15 min.
Meanwhile…mix all the ingredients together mentioned under the ‘stuffing’ . Keep aside.
Pinch a large lemon sized ball of dough and roll to form a 3″ diameter circle.
Place some stuffing in the center and take the edges of the dough upwards and cover the stuffing. Press it well with your palm and it gets flattened.
Now, dust the surface with some atta and roll out the stuffed dough to form 6″-7″ diameter circles.
Heat a tawa and once its hot, place a paratha and let it cook for 15 to 20 sec. Flip the paratha and let it cook for a few more secs. Drizzle some butter or ghee and roast to a golden shade on both sides.
Serve hot with any curry of your choice or yogurt or raita.